Do you plan to engrave a personal message in your wedding rings? Have you thought about what the message will say? Engravings range from simple and traditional dates and initials to coded messages that only the brides and grooms understand. Here are a few engraving ideas to help you create the perfect engraving for your own wedding ring.
1. Engrave Your Names and the Date of Your WeddingFor brides and grooms who prefer a classic approach, engraving your names and the date of your wedding never goes out of fashion. There should be room for at least your first names, but you can use initials if space is tight. It might not matter to you now, but engraved names and dates can help someone who may be researching the family at some time in the future.
2. ForeverForever.. a simple word with an important meaning. Wrap your intent to stay together always (there's another top engraving) around your finger, where you'll be reminded of it every day. You can include your initials and wedding date if you like.
3. Amor Vincit OmniaLatin for "love conquers all." Engrave a message in Latin and few people will understand it, making the sentiment more personal to you and your spouse.
4. Phrase from a SongAnything from "All you need is love," to "I got you, babe." What lyrics are meaningful to you? Are they short enough to engrave inside a wedding ring?
5. Engrave Your NicknamesBrides and grooms sometimes engrave each other's nicknames inside their wedding rings.
6. A Religious EmgravingEngrave your wedding rings with a portion of a phrase or verse that's significant to your religion.
7. Engrave Your Rings with SymbolsA heart, the peace symbol, the symbol for eternity -- many hand engravers can add a symbol to the inside of your wedding rings.
8. A Special PhraseChoose a personal phrase, one that only you and your future spouse understand the meaning of. Go ahead, inscribe the phrase in your rings, let everyone guess its true meaning. And there's no reason why the phrases must match -- each of you can choose a special sentiment.
9. Engrave a Phrase from Your Wedding VowsEngrave a few short words from your wedding vows. The phrase you choose might signify love, respect, trust, eternity -- anything you want to say to each other.
Some couples let their sentiments float around the exterior of wedding bands. You can adorn the outside of plain bands with a special engraving.
10. Engravings from Poetry and Other LiteratureWords from any special poem or book, sentimental to comical.
You're off to a good start. Now, before you choose an engraver, make a few decisions to help make sure that your engravings last forever.