Designer Jewelry at the OscarsHilary Swank's intricate diamond necklace ushered in a new century at the Academy Awards ceremonies. The next year, most celebrities arrived wearing the standard fare of large diamonds and platinum, but two, Juliette Binoche and Ashley Judd, pulled off a successful flapper look.
The 9-11 terror attacks were just a few months in the past when the 2002 Oscars were presented, and most stars wore subdued jewelry as a way of showing respect for the victims. Jada Pinkett Smith's jewelry is an excellent example of the understated elegance we saw that year.
Large earrings in every style imaginable were popular in 2003 and 2004, and by 2005 showy designer jewelry of all sorts had returned.
In 2007, stars arrived at the Oscars with (taller) diamond-stacked wrists, a trend that continued in 2010.
As the end of the decade nears, Oscars jewelry includes designer jewelry created from black and colorful diamonds, along with designs fashioned from brightly colored gemstones.
- Hilary Swank, 2000Hilary Swank
- Juliette Binoche, 2001Juliette Binoche
- Ashley Judd, 2001Ashley Judd
- Julie Moran, 2001Julie Moran
- Jada Pinkett Smith, 2002Jada Pinkett Smith
- Nicole Kidman, 2003Nicole Kidman
- Kate Hudson, 2003Kate Hudson
- Jennifer Lopez, 2003Jennifer Lopez
- Catherine Zeta-Jones, 2003Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Heather Graham, 2003Heather Graham
- Uma Thurman, 2004Uma Thurman
- Scarlett Johansson, 2004Scarlett Johansson