- "We searched high and low to find the best-of-the-best gowns worn over the years. Of course, we wanted Cher's infamous black Bob Mackie - that dress made history all on its own. And who could forget Charlize Theron in that shimmering gold Gucci that she wore when she won the Oscar for Monster?
Other gowns presented were worn by Annette Bening, Ingrid Bergman, Halle Berry, Cate Blanchett, Geena Davis, Edith Head, Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley, Sophia Loren, Barbra Streisand, and Elizabeth Taylor.
Models wore contemporary jewels by Cartier, Martin Katz, Neil Lane, Fred Leighton, Van Cleef & Arpels and Harry Winston. Shoes and other accessories were furnished by Manolo Blahnik, Judith Leiber, Christian Louboutin, Prada, Roger Vivier and Stuart Weitzman.
Images 1-9 of 9
- Worn by Carol Channing in 1968
- Faye Dunaway's 1977 Attire
- Cher's Bob Mackie Gown, Fred Leighton Jewelry
- Gwyneth Paltro's 1999 Attire
- Gown worn by Julia Roberts in 2001
- Halle Berry's 2002 Oscar Attire
- Worn by Charlize Theron in 2004
- Worn by Kirsen Dunst in 2005
- Worn by Charlize Theron in 2005
- Graphic Index
- Text Index