When celebrities dress for a premiere or high-profile party they nearly always cover themselves with diamonds, platinum, gold and other fine jewelry. The jewelry's nearly always borrowed -- and pricey -- but it's fun to look at. But when you see those ensembles, remember that it's common for stylists to dress celebs for important events -- the jewelry doesn't always reflect their true tastes.
When those same celebs are off to more personal events, they're more likely to wear their own jewelry. That's when we get a glimpse of their true likes and dislikes. But mix the two types of events and you'll find that celebrities do help set jewelry trends.
- Anne Hathaway Wearing Cartier Jewelry at the 'Rachel Getting Married' PremiereAnne Hathaway
- Maria Sharapova Introduced Canon PowerShot Diamond CollectionMaria Sharapova
- Christine Taylor wearing Lapis, Emerald & Diamond Jewelry from Neil LaneChristine Taylor
- Reese Witherspoon Introduces the Women's Empowerment BraceletReese Witherspoon
- Christina Applegate Diamond Drop EarringsChristina Applegate breast cancer scare
- John Lennon Talisman Necklace worn for John & Yoko's "Two Virgins" AlbumJohn Lennon Talisman Necklace
- Eva Longoria's Shorter Hairstyle and Diamond Stud Earringseva longoria haircut
- Kristen Bell's Floral Pendant
- Gillian Anderson in Neil Lane Jewelry - 'The X-Files: I Want To Believe' Premiergillian anderson, x files, i want to believe, premiere, jewelry
- Maggie Gyllenhaal at 'Dark Knight' PremiereMaggie Gyllenhaal Dark Knight, jewelry
- Swarovski Runway Rocks, 2008Swarovski Runway Rocks
- Christina Onassis Diamond - 38 CaratsChristina Onassis Diamond